Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day...Ugh.

Remember the days in elementary school when you would go to the grocery store, pick out some totally sweet Ninja Turtles or Barbie (gender appropriate, of course) Valentines cards, and give one to every person in your class during the Valentine's Day party? If you are a boy, then I'm giving you a Ninja Turtles Valentine. If you are a girl, then you're still getting a Ninja Turtles Valentine.

Luckily, my fiance is pretty low maintenance and told me that she didn't want anything for Valentine's Day. After conferencing with several of my peers, the results are in...When a girl says this, she is lying. That is why Nuns cannot get married or date. Every year for Valentine's Day, they would say to their boyfriends, "Oh, honey, I don't want anything for Valentine's Day." That is a lie, lying is a sin, and Nuns cannot sin.

I made cookies for my fiance for Valentine's Day. The recipe (yes, this recipe was on the side of the Betty Crocker box) said that I could make approximately 38 cookies. I only made 9. It is not like I got carried away and made them all the size of a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. I only made 9 because I burned all the rest of them. I blame my oven.

All the hopeless romantics out there and my good friend Krista might think, "Aww, that is so sweet. He made her cookies, and he even burned them. What a cute boyfriend." Thanks for the encouragement, but since only nine cookies came out right, I was only able to eat one. If I ate more, I would look like a slob. Eating 4 out of 38 cookies isn't a bad percentage, but 4 out of 9 will put you on Mauri with the fat babies.

We went to dinner and then went out to see He's Just Not That into You. As far as chick-flicks go, this one was pretty good. It had humor, and it made some valid points that could make life easier for every person on the planet. If a guy wants to date a girl, then he will do whatever he can to make it happen. No more waiting for the guy or girl to call, talking to your friends at work or school, or sleepless night thinking, "Is this person going to dream about me tonight?" President Obama should enact a social policy forcing schools to make the viewing of this movie mandatory for all eight grade students. That is a change I can believe in.

This post is also dedicated to my good friend, Krista.

No comments: